Myotherapy and Remedial Massage Therapist
Myotherapy - ANGLESEA
Myotherapy requires a seperate study on its own offered as a Nationally Recognised Course at the Melbourne Institute of Massage Therapy and Myotherapy and Myotherapy (MIMT)
Pain and Restricted Joint Mobility
If you have soft tissue injuries and/or restricted joint mobility issues, they could be caused by myofascia or muscle dysfunction.
People who suffer from joint stiffness or continuous muscle aches can benefit from Myotherapy, offered by Sue Theodore
What is Myofascia?
Better described as a "complete body suit which runs from the top of your head to the ends of your toes and is strong and flexible".
This tissue cover and surrounds your bones and muscles, connecting all your body parts and in its very healthy form, it is soft with no restriction in movement or flexibility.
Though, when Myofascia is inflammed, due to trauma, it can lose this flexibility and tightent, hence creating stiffness throughout the entire body
Contact Sue Theodore to understand if Myotherapy may be the choice for you.
What are Soft Tissue Pain Symptons
You may hear the words "Soft Tissue Pain" being used often when speaking of injuries and massage.
You may be suffering from some Myofascial pain if you have the following symptons
- Ongoing deep annoying pain in a muscle or muscles
- Tight muscles
- Sore spots in particular muscles
- The feeling that your joints are stiff
- Reduction on Joint Mobility
- The feeling of Numbness and/or tingling and/or 'pins and needle' sensation
- The constant feeling of being tired but for no reason
Myotherapy studies your pain and mobility issues by:
- Assessing: to understand where you issue/s are
- Treating: creating a treatment plan to overcome these issues
- Managing: create a management plan to avoid further or worsening of issues
Anglesea Massage Services
- Dry Needling
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Sports Massage
- Remedial Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy